Animal Crossing’s winter update is HUGE – adding new events, NPCs, Reactions, hairstyles & more to New Horizons. Here’s everything the update changes.
Friends and family will be able to celebrate the holidays in more ways than one with the upcoming Animal Crossing: New Horizons update releasing this month. In addition to the holiday events, there will also be seasonal activities and other new features for fans to enjoy.
The update releases November 19th, 2020 and will prepare players for Turkey Day – previously Harvest Day in past Animal Crossing games – on November 26th, and Toy Day on December 24th. New Horizons brought many friends and families together earlier this year with its serendipitous release during the wake of coronavirus pandemic, giving a social outlet in the course of a time when many were practicing social distancing. As cases begin to rise again, Animal Crossing: New Horizons continues to offer avenues for social engagement for the holiday season.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
The announcement was released earlier today by @animalcrossing on Twitter. Many were expecting this update after the last one’s trailer teased two new NPCs coming to New Horizons prior to the Halloween event. In addition to two new holiday events, Animal Crossing’s new update will also bring new reactions, hairstyles, and more!
Everything Animal Crossing’s New Update Adds For Free
New seasonal events, Reactions, hairstyles, save data transfer, and more! Get ready to celebrate the heartwarming holiday festivities with the free Winter update, coming to #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons on 11/19! pic.twitter.com/pSjVSH6dOd
— Isabelle (@animalcrossing) November 17, 2020
The following features can be enjoyed in both the northern and southern hemispheres beginning November 19th:
- Turkey Day will introduce a new NPC to New Horizons who classic fans will know as Franklin – a turkey character who will arrive and host a bountiful gathering in the plaza. The player will be able to help Franklin collect ingredients for different dishes that will be served and displayed in the plaza on November 26th. Franklin will hand out a seasonal gift if the player helps him cook.
- Toy Day will occur on December 24th, but players may notice their islands gradually becoming more festive as that day approaches. Players can shake decorated trees as they may drop ornaments that can be used to craft holiday furniture. From December 1st to December 25th, players can also purchase toys from Nook’s Cranny and festive clothing from the Able Sisters. On Toy Day, Jingle the reindeer will visit players’ islands to spread holiday cheer. Helping him deliver presents will also result in a Christmas-themed gift.
- New Reactions & Hairstyles are also included in this update! Nine new Reactions can be obtained by redeeming Nook Miles at the Nook Stop terminal in the Resident Services building. Six new hairstyles can also be redeemed in this way too.
- Home Storage Upgrade allows those who’ve expanded their in-game homes to the largest size and have fully paid off their debts will be able to apply for a home storage expansion by speaking to Tom Nook at Resident Services. This is something New Horizons fans have wanted for a while now. This expansion allows for 2400 slots, an improvement from the previous 1600 slots.
- Visit Random Islands in Dreams when dreaming in one’s home bed, without having to enter in a Dream Address code.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Collaboration is a feature added to commemorate the mobile game’s third anniversary. A Pocket Camp smartphone model will become available in New Horizons that can be accessed if a player links their Pocket Camp app with their New Horizons Nintendo account.
- Island & Resident Data Transfers will allow expanded flexibility for players’ island and resident data by letting them move user save data (which includes the island itself and all the residents) to another system. This service is facilitated for free by the Island Transfer Tool app in the Nintendo eShop.
- Seasonal Items to Celebrate New Year’s Eve will be available starting December 1st at the Nook Stop terminal. There will be several seasonal items to celebrate New Year’s Eve from December 26th to December 31st – ensuring holiday festivities throughout the remainder of the year. Additionally, on December 31st starting at 7pm, a countdown event will allow New Horizons players to meet family and friends for an in-game ringing in of the New Year. A teaser for Pavé the peacock is also shown.
These features will require an Internet connection to download the latest update and a Nintendo Switch Online membership and Nintendo Account for online features. Users will need to link their Nintendo Accounts and Switch user profiles. Certain events also require construction of the Resident Services building in Animal Crossing: New Horizons beforehand.
Next: Best Kids Video Games Perfect For Holiday 2020 Presents
Xbox Will Be First (Or Best) Place To Play All Future Bethesda Games
About The Author