Advertisements

Megan Thee Stallion Claims Tory Lanez Offered Hush Money After Shooting


Advertisements

Megan Thee Stallion is coming forward with more details regarding her alleged shooting incident with Tory Lanez. She says he offered hush money.

Megan Thee Stallion of Legendary fame continues to open up about what she says happened the night Tory Lanez allegedly shot her, including the fact that Lanez offered her hush money. The Houston rapper shared more details from the shooting incident in her cover shoot for GQ’s “Best Rapper of The Year” issue.

Details surrounding the shooting have been scarce. However, last month, Lanez was charged with two felony crimes in connection with the July incident. At the time, Megan was sent to the hospital and had surgery to allegedly remove bullet fragments from her feet. While she remained silent at the time, a few weeks later, the reality TV judge took to Instagram Live to accuse Tory Lanez of being her shooter. She kept details relating to what led up to the shooting unknown but made sure to identify Lanez as her alleged shooter. Lanez responded with his DAYSTAR mixtape, where he addressed his side of what happened and denied shooting Megan. He followed that up by going on Live and further alluding to his innocence.

Continue scrolling to keep reading
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.

Related: Canadian Rapper Tory Lanez Charged In Shooting Of Megan Thee Stallion

Lanez was officially charged in October, and Megan Thee Stallion appears ready to open up about the incident. While speaking to GQ, Megan claimed Tory tried to pay for her silence. “Like, I never put my hands on nobody,” Megan declared. “I barely even said anything to the man who shot me when I was walking away. We were literally like five minutes away from the house.” She went on to allege that Tory begged her to stay quiet after the shooting and even offered her (and her friend Kelsey Nicole) hush money. “[At this point] I’m really scared… because this is like right in the middle of all the protesting,” Megan said. “Police are just killing everybody for no reason, and I’m thinking, ‘I can’t believe you even think I want to take some money. Like, you just shot me.’”

megan-thee-stallion (2)

Advertisements

Lanez’s attorney released a statement to The Daily Beast, denying  Megan’s claims. “Mr. Peterson has never offered money to any witness for their silence or for any other reason. Any statement to the contrary is false.” Following the shooting, Megan had tearfully shared minor details about the incident, and let her fans know that she didn’t deserve the attack.

In October, she penned an op-ed in the New York Times, calling out the criticism she’s received as a result of being a victim of a crime. “Even as a victim, I have been met with skepticism and judgment,” Megan wrote. “The way people have publicly questioned and debated whether I played a role in my own violent assault proves that my fears about discussing what happened were, unfortunately, warranted.” This Legendary judge will always be brave enough to speak her truth.

Next: Legendary: Megan Thee Stallion Talks About How Black Women Are Treated

Source: GQThe Daily Beast

MCU Phase 4 Avengers Line-Up & Costumes Imagined By Marvel Artist






Source link

Advertisements
Updated: November 17, 2020 — 3:46 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *